Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Jitters

I can hardly believe that I get to go vote tomorrow. It feels like this campaign has run a long, long time. I will be so relieved to get my vote in; although it will be difficult to wait for the results- especially with my daughter bouncing around asking "what are they saying now? any change? when will we know for sure?" over and over again. But I'm not complaining. It is far better for young people to be plugged-in to the political scene that shapes their world than to steep in a materialistic, narcissistic stupor.

Personally, I plan to vote and then go buy a bottle of good wine to enjoy in the evening while feeding the media's latest best guesses to my daughter and working on my cross-stitch project. Due to rheumatoid arthritis, I have not been able to cross-stitch in a long time. But a new baby in the family prompted me to give it a shot again and I have just started stitching a bib. It's a manageable project. I look forward to spending tomorrow evening on an activity I have missed, while taking in my children's election commentary, and a bit of that good wine.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Gurrll, I hope that wine turns out to be for celebratory toasting and not drowning our sorrows. Either way, it is a good thing to have on hand! I just voted and I'm so scared and excited and nervous and happy all at the same time. I don't even want to look or listen until it is all over, but I'm sure I'll check in with the media at some point. Just because I know it is there.

And yes, please do use the slogan for your battle cry, because it took me a moment to spell it out! (I'm not even attempting it again here, you'll notice.)

On pins and needles along with your daughter...

Maggie said...

Meg, Meg, Meg... Tonight's wine is to make the wait bearable. Tomorrow's wine will be for either celebration or sorrow. ;)