Friday, May 22, 2009

Lemon-scented Geranium Bloomed!


This lemon-scented geranium (which smells amazing!) just bloomed. I am especially excited about this because this was one of the cuttings I brought home from the MG class on propagation. So, not only did the little bugger put down roots, it put up blooms too. Great! Also, I didn't know what to expect of the flower. The leaves are much smaller than the sort of geranium you usually find at the nursery. At any rate, you can see the light lavender petals with bolder purple "eyebrows" splashed on. It's really a charming flower. This is a good plant to put up closer to where people sit so they can catch the lemony fragrance, and not miss these delightful flowers. I apologize for the fuzzy photo. I am about at wit's end with my camera. I've adjusted settings, cleaned lenses, had other photographers use it. The thing refuses to take detail shots. I think there must be an internal problem. I miss my old film camera! But I don't miss waiting to see the results.

2 comments:

Avis said...

Mmmm. I wish your blog was in smell-o-vision, so I could savor the fragrance along with the lovely image. You're lucky. Cheers!

Maggie said...

Hi Avis! Thanks for stopping by. Scratch-n-sniff blogging perhaps? I'll work on it ;-)